The panoramic hike on the sunny side of the Lower Engadine leads through authentic Engadine mountain villages and offers magnificent views of the mountain world.
Distance 20 km
The panoramic hike on the sunny slopes of the Lower Engadine leads through striking Engadine villages such as Lavin, Guarda, Ardez and Ftan. Narrow alleys with sgraffito-ornamented houses wait to be explored. Between the villages, the rather easy path runs through stretches rich in nature with magnificent views of the Engadine mountain world. In spring you can marvel at the diverse flora, in autumn at the golden colours.
- Between Lavin and Guarda, just a few steps from the path you will find the ancient ruin of Gonda.
- Take your time and explore the streets of Guarda.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: July 09, 2021
Tips and hintswww.scuol-zernez.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Paid parking at the railway station in Lavin.
- It is recommended to travel by Rhaetian Railway, as this is a long-distance tour.
32T 584896 5180189
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes, sun protection.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view