Impressive landscape between the Julier Pass and the Engadin.
Distance 10.8 km
The starting point of this hike is the Ospizio La Veduta on the Julier Pass. After a short ascent, you reach the Lej Grevasalvas, which is beautifully nestled between the mountain peaks. Behind the lake follows the second ascent which, thanks to the varied surroundings, seems less arduous and soon you reach the Fuorcla Grevasalvas and the view down to the Engadin with the Lake of Sils and the Bergell granite mountains compensates for many a drop of sweat. The first part of the descent requires a bit of skill, as it leads over a scree field. As soon as you join the hiking trail towards Lägh Lunghin, the descent becomes more comfortable. Above Grevasalvas, the trail branches off to Sils. On the Via Engiadina you reach Sils Baselgia, where the San Lurench bus stop is located by the church.
If you want to shorten the tour, you can descend to the hamlet of Grevasalvas and hike down to Plaun da Lej.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: June 02, 2021
32T 555142 5146532
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view