While at higher altitudes there is at best already snow, the trails in the valley are still free of snow. Our interactive snow depth map helps you to plan your tour. Here you can see at a glance at www.flims.com/schneesituation where you can already expect snow on the paths and trails and where you can still be on the road without getting cold feet.
Pack your swimming trunks, refresh in the glacier mills on Alp Mora.
Rest StopRestaurant Berghaus Bargis
*[d] Casa Alva
This route requires some surefootedness. It is only suitable for people without vertigo. 1535 vertical meters are to be covered.
Children always supervise.
First Drive Flims Laax Falera Shuttle: Flims 8.30.
Tips and hints
Gästeinformation Flims Laax Falera
Via Nova 62
Tel: +41 (0)81 920 92 00
Getting thereIs a private road - must not be traveled.
By car Motorway A13 from Zurich, exit 18 to Disentis/Mustér/Ilanz/Flims.
Parking750 parking spaces in parking garage Flims Bergbahnen.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Good mountain boots are highly recommended.
Always wear rain gear with you.
There are no catering options along the route. A packed lunch on the go is definitely advisable, as well as a cooling drink from the backpack.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.