We climb through alpine pastures up to Val Milar. In the summer months, cows graze here with their young, so caution is advised. After the power plant hut we cross a short steep passage and then leave the trail in an easterly direction. The area is very rich in minerals and on the road we find shiny stones and mountain crystals. Rare flowers growing between moss and stones awake our curiosity.
We hike in terrain without any marked paths towards Krüzlistock until we meet the "Lai Selvadi". It is located exactly at the foot of the Krüzlistock.
The Hexensee is slightly further south and we reach it after about 15 minutes. Surrounded by bright rocks, it looks to us like a clear blue eye. It is a wonderful place. When there is no wind, the lake reflects the surrounding mountains. A great photo opportunity for hobby photographers.
Buy a geology permit at the Tujetsch / Sedrun town hall. Then we are allowed to take a hammer and chisel with us and dig for crystals.
Price for a day permit: CHF 30.00 ( With guest- card CHF 5.00)
Safety informationOnly start the hike in safe weather conditions. Once we leave the marked trail, there are no visible paths.
Getting thereBy car to Rueras.
ParkingParking is available at the western end of the Rueras village (free of charge)
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking equipment is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.