Heidi & Gigi summer hiking trail
Arosa Lenzerheide Verified partner Explorers Choice
Heidi & GigiPhoto: Arosa Tourismus, Arosa Lenzerheide
The Heidi & Gigi trail can be started in Arosa as well as Lenzerheide. At the latest since the inauguration of the aerial tramway Urdenbahn, "LenzerHeidi" and "Gigi of Arosa" go hand-in-hand. And every now and then they also visit each other by foot and enjoy the beautiful view from the peaks and have a drink or two at the various restaurants along the way. Follow the connecting trail and fall in love the unique panorama of Heidi and Gigi.
Rest stopsRestaurant Burestübli
Brüggerstuba at the middle station
Hörnli mountain station
Panoramic Restaurant Rothorn Summit
Mountain Restaurant Scharmoin
Arosa strives to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please heed the rules and signposting. You will find further helpful tips under the hiking information.
In winter, the section from Hörnli to Urdenfürggli and Urdenfürggli to Rothorn is not possible on foot. (Click here for the route in winter).
Tips and hints
Mountain railway operating times and tickets: www.arosalenzerheide.swiss/en
Hörnli hut: www.hörnliarosa.ch
Arosa strives to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please take heed of the following wishes and suggestions:
- Dogs must be kept on a leash
- Please take litter and leftovers from picnics home again
- You will often see game on your hikes. Enjoy the sight of these animals in their familiar surroundings but do not disturb them
- Do not remove trail markings
- Do not use closed paths (live status)
- Do not leave the officially marked hiking trails
Prätschli Arosa - Arlenwaldweg - Mittelstation - Speichersee - AlpArosa - Ascent to the Hörnli - Urdenfürggli - Gredigs Fürggli - Parpaner Rothorn - Scharmoin - Lenzerheide
Possible shortcuts with the mountain railway:
- Take the Arosa-Weisshorn cable car to the middle station and start the hike there.
- Take the Hönrnli-Express to the Hörnli and start the hike there.
- Take the Urden cable car from Arosa (Hörnli) to Lenzerheide and save the section through the Urden valley.
- Take the cable car from Parpaner Rothorn to Scharmoin or directly to Lenzerheide.
The Rhaetian Railway leaves Chur to Arosa and back at hourly intervals. From the train station Arosa take the local bus to Prätschli. After the hike, take the bus in Lenzerheide to Chur from where you hop on the train back up to Arosa.
Getting thereOnce you arrive in Chur, follow the sign posts Arosa. Turn right at the entrance of the village and follow the street to Prätschli.
At the entrance to the village there are large signs indicating the various parking options. At the Prätschli, there is a limited amount of parking possibilities available. An other possibility is to park the car at the Ochensbühl Parking and take the bus to Prätschli.
You can find more information under Arosa Parking: www.arosa-parking.com
EquipmentSturdy shoes, clothing suitable for the weather and something to drink are recommended.
- 11 Waypoints
- 11 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others