Hike to one of the highest cow alps in Europe.
Distance 8.5 km
The first part of the hike leads along a dirt road through lush meadows down to Alp Trida. This part can also be done with the chairlift. Passing the ski house (only open in winter) the path climbs gently towards Alp Bella. Towards the south you can enjoy the view of the Piz Mundin and the Oetztal Alps. After about an hour's walk from the starting point you will reach Alp Bella. The alp is one of the highest cow alps in Europe, at 2'380 m above sea level. The milk is processed in the alpine dairy in Samnaun-Laret. The transport is carried out via a milk pipeline with a thickness of about 1.5 cm. From Alp Bella you can also see the round rock formation "near the church"; an impressive geological witness of the folding of the Alps. After refreshments, the hike continues via Oberalp to Unteralp, where the Alpstein, one of the largest erratic blocks in Switzerland, is located. A leisurely descent along the Mühlbach to Samnaun-Compatsch or Samnaun-Laret.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: May 04, 2021
Safety informationThe tour has been evaluated under favorable weather conditions. Current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before the tour starts. This hike requires elementary alpine experience, orientation skills. Trekking shoes are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.samnaun.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) Then take the H27 in the direction via Scuol and Martina to Vinadi. At the junction Vinadi to Samnaun (about 1 hour from Vereina Südportal)
- From the east: via the Inn valley road B180 via Landeck to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on B180 to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- With the double-decker cable car from Samnaun-Ravaisch to the Alp Trida Sattel.
ParkingParking at the cable cars in Samnaun-Ravaisch.
32T 604001 5202797
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view