The hike begins at the Wägerhus Postauto bus stop. From here the trail runs in a north-easterly direction across pastures and scree, up the slope to Winterlücke.
From here hikers can enjoy a unique view of the Jöriseen lakes and the Jöri Glacier. Beyond them stretch the peaks of the Silvretta Massif and the Piz Linard.
Returning to the starting point takes you along the left-hand edge of the glacier and between the light-green waters of the Jöriseen lakes. A wonderful photo opportunity.
From the lakes the trail continues upwards to the Jöriflüelafurgga and from there back down towards the valley and the Wägerhus.
Tips and hints
Destination Davos Klosters
Tourismus- und Sportzentrum
7270 Davos Platz
+41 (0)81 415 21 21
+41 (0)81 415 21 00
From Zürich you will reach Davos in about 2:00 hours.
ParkingFree parking at Wägerhus, Flüelapassstrasse.
EquipmentGutes Schuhwerk, warme Kleidung
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.