As you hike your way across the Pazolastock, taking in the wonderful mountain panorama stretching from the Uri Alps down into the Surselva, you are likely to encounter very few people.
The tour begins on the Oberalp Pass, right behind the lighthouse, a replica of the Low Light of the Hook of Holland, symbolising a bridge from the source of the Rhine to its estuary. The summit of the Pazolastock is the first destination, which is reached after a gentle initial ascent followed by a succession of tight hairpin bends. To access the Fil da Tuma you need to negotiate a rocky, breezy ridge, with plenty of boulders to hold on to along the way. The trail leads past the Badus Hut, still very much in its original condition as it has not yet been caught up in the SAC's wave of renovations.
From the hut it is a 20-minute descent down to Lake Toma. And while you are unlikely to be alone here, you will always find a nice spot for resting and relaxing, whether it's on one of the large rocks overlooking the lake or the green meadows all around. The return leg to the Oberalp Pass takes you past the eastern side of the Pazolastock, where the sweetly fragrant Turk's cap lilies flower in summer.
Safety informationAchtung: Auf hoch gelegenen Abschnitten sind Schneefelder bis in die Sommermonate möglich.
Tips and hintsSedrun Disentis Tourismus
Via Alpsu 64a
Tel. +41 (0)81 920 40 30
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.