Take the train to Spinas where you will follow the first stretch of Val Bever. After a while, the trail turns right and goes steeply upwards. Enjoy the views of Val Bever and the striking Piz Ot. From the Fuorcla you will already see the green-blue lakes of the Crap Alv Laiets.
On the descent, cross the road and follow the hiking trail to the ETH's research station. Soon you will reach the deep blue Palpuogna lake, before you hike the last piece to Preda.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.