After the Bocchetta de Curciusa with the little sea you reach the Curciusa valley and after 2 hours you arrive to the Alp de Rog 1812m. From this point ramble parallel the stream Areua and after 1 hour you reach the village Nufenen at 1569m. THe Curciusatal is today a nature conservation area.
From the Alp di Rog join the path that come from San Bernardino through the Strecc de Vignun on the road. Who is not to tired can ramble the stiff path return. An other possibility is to follow the way of the Areuapass to the alp of Tambo and then to reach Splügen.
Getting thereHighway from Bellinzona direction San Bernardino
ParkingCar park along the river Moesa in San Bernardino - free
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.