Loop hike to the Cascada da Pisch waterfall near Müstair. The cool air and spraying splashes offer welcome cooling, especially in the warm summer months.
Distance 4.8 km
From the Müstair Somvi post bus stop, turn into Via Friedrich Hoppe at Hotel Liun and follow the road to Rombach. At Rombach, cross the wooden bridge and continue on the forest road past the Plazzöl playground in the direction of Sta. Maria. At the signpost "Cascada da Pisch" turn onto the hiking trail until you reach the waterfall, cross the bridge and continue to the Bains da Guad. At the Bains da Guad you can follow the road back down into the valley to the Sielva hospital.
AuthorEngadin Samnaun Val Müstair (TESSVM)
Update: March 24, 2021
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, current weather conditions and weather forecasts are mandatory to follow before starting the tour.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.val-muestair.ch
Getting thereComing from Zernez, cross the Ofen Pass and continue through Val Müstair to Müstair (last village before the border with Italy).
Coming from Italy, the first village after the border crossing at Taufers (last village before the border with Switzerland).
ParkingParking for the hike at the playground Plazzöl or in the village itself.
32T 610685 5163982
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view