Semi-difficult hike from Langwie to Pirigen and via the juicy green meadows to the Blaggter Fürggli, the highest point of the hike. Aftwards the hike descents to the high valley Fondei. Enjoy the culinary highlights and amazing views across the whole valley.
Distance 12.3 km
From the starting point Langwies the hike starts with a stroll through the village where it is worth taking a look inside the Holzzeichen-Hüttli (wooden sign hut). From there the trail keeps going towards Pirigen until you reach the tree line at the mountain restaurant Pirigen on 1,773m above sea level. Pirigen is a starting point for many hikes. If you chose the hike to Blackter Fürggli (2,141m) you may take the trail via Campadiel or via Nufsch. After the Blackter Fürggli the trail leads across Alpine meadows to Fondeil with the Skihouse Casanna (1,944m). It is recommended to take a break at the restaurant and enjoy the view. The last section continues downhill along the Fondei river all the way back to Langwies.
Auf dem Blackter Fürggli das Steinmännli erweitern.
Update: February 02, 2020
Rest StopSki and Mountain Guesthouse Casanna
Tips and hintsThis hike is only possible during the summer season.
Getting thereOnce you arrive in Chur, follow the sign posts Arosa. Langwies is located on the main road and cannot be missed.
ParkingParking spots in Langwies are well signposted.
32T 554024 5185257
EquipmentFestes Schuhwerk und wettertaugliche Bekleidung ist empfehlenswert.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view