The path is suitable for prams and you can stop off at the Plazzöl playground or at the campsite playground.
Distance 2.5 km
The starting point is at the famous UNESCO monastery of St. Johann. The starting point is easily reached by public transport. From there, walk left towards the Swiss border. When you reach the Hotel Chavalatsch, follow the road to the right in the direction of Rombach. At the crossroads, take the turning to the left and walk along the road until you reach a wooden bridge. Cross the wooden bridge and follow the road until you reach a turning where you keep to the right and follow the road until you reach the large car park. When you reach the large car park, there is a nice barbecue area (Plazzöl) directly on the Rombach, where you can spend some time with your family. After a restful break, return and cross the wooden bridge and keep to the right and follow the road to the tennis court (recommendation: playful stopover at Camping Muglin).
The tour is very leisurely and is suitable for a short walk. The path is also easily navigable with wheelchairs and prams.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: September 21, 2021
Safety informationThe tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 in the direction of Val Müstair to Müstair, Clostra Son Jon (50 minutes from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair, Clostra Son Jon.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair, Clostra Son Jon.
ParkingParking spaces are available at the St. Johann Monastery.
32T 610980 5165026
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view