On this hiking tour you will discover the Castle of Haldenstein and the ruins above the village.
Distance 6.8 km
The Chur city bus no. 2 takes you to the starting point of this historic hiking tour. At the «Obere Au», where the sports grounds of the city with large swimming pools are situated, you walk through the forest and along the tennis courts to the campsite Au. From there, you walk on the right side of the Rhine river to the village of Haldenstein (playground and barbecue area). There, cross the Rhine and walk into the village. Soon you will see the gorgeous castle of Haldenstein and the ruin of Haldenstein, that is situated further up in the forest. The ruin of Haldenstein is difficult to access. The inner piece of the castle is accessible through a narrow rock ledge, that is very exposed. Alternatively, you can pull yourself through a window to enter the castle. Finally, visit the ruins of Lichtenstein and Grottenstein and walk back to the village of Haldenstein, where you can take the Chur city bus no. 3 back to town.
Update: January 02, 2020
32T 538616 5189513
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view