Beautiful and scenic tour with picturesque wooded sections and panoramic views.
From the train station Chur you can reach the valley station of Chur-Dreibündenstein mountain railways either by city bus (line 1, stop Stadthalle) or on foot in about 15 minutes. The hike begins at the summit station of the Brambrüesch cable car. Through picturesque woodland sections the Malix Alp is soon reached. Relatively flat and with wonderful panoramic views you first pass the Galtialp, later the Bärenalp and finally the Pradaschieralp. Several fireplaces for a rest and a magnificent mountain flora accompany the hiker - a real pleasure hike! Soon the mountain station of the Pradaschier-Bahn is reached, where a cozy mountain restaurant with a large sun terrace invites you to a visit. You will reach the village Churwalden by the longest toboggan run in the world, a truly memorable experience! Alternatively, you can reach Churwalden by chair lift or on foot on the hiking trail. From Churwalden the, Postauto will return to Chur within 30 minutes.
Note: For the hike, an attractive round trip ticket is available at the Chur-Dreibündenstein mountain railways, which includes the ascend from Chur to Brambrüesch, two runs with the toboggan run Pradaschier - Churwalden and the return trip by Postauto from Churwalden to Chur.
Option A: From the mountain restaurant Brambrüesch follow the hiking trail to the Malixer Alp and further to the Dreibündenstein. Descent over Grüenenbüel to Pradaschier (hiking time approx. 3 h 15 min.)
Option B: Hiking trail to Churwalden.
From Basel and Zurich - Chur-Sued (exit no. 17)
From Milano - Lugano - San Bernadino Tunnel - Thusis - Chur.
Guests of the Chur mountain railways park on the Stadthallen parking free of charge. For this purpose, mentioning the plate number at the cash desk is mandatory!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.