The starting point for the hiking circuit is the Walser village of Furna, which is accessed via a mountain road from Pragg-Jenaz. The trail takes us across lush meadows upwards past scattered farmsteads until we reach a track beyond Scäri, which we follow off to the left. Shortly thereafter, it opens up views of the hilly, grassy high-plateau with the Berghaus Scära mountain hut. From here the mountain trail continues on upwards, rising gently as it traverses the slopes, circling the Wannenspitz and Fadeuer,and opening up the view into the valley running parallel, with its alpine meadows.
Before we cross the ridge after the Stelli hut and return to the Furna side in the direction of Alp Sattel, it is well worth the short climb to the summit of the Fadeuer, a vantage point with spectacular panoramic views. The final section of the trail takes us across pastures, at times without a path, then on an ordinary track, winding its way in hairpin bends from the Alp Sattel down through the forest to Hinterberg and across the road back to Furna.
Safety informationBei gemähten Wiesen ist guter Orientierungssinn erforderlich, da die Wiesenwege kaum sichtbar sind. Oft geht es auch weglos über Alpweiden. Im ganzen Gebiet sind zwischen den Wegweisern nur sehr wenige Bergwanderwegmarkierungen vorhanden! Eine detaillierte Wanderkarte ist empfehlenswert.
Tips and hints
- Snow fields are possible on the upper sections right through to the summer months.
- From Furna follow the signpost for «Scära»; from Scära, the signpost for «Laubenzug»; from Chadschlag, the signpost for «Sattel»; from Stellihütte, the signpost for «Sattel/Furna». From Alt Sattel follow the signpost for «Sattel Untersäss»; and from Sattel Untersäss, the signpost for «Furna, Hinterberg».
Getting thereÜber die A13 und die B28 nach Pragg-Jenaz. Wegweisern Richtung Furna folgen.
ParkingDas Auto parken Sie kostenfrei auf dem signalisierten Parkplatz hinter dem Restaurant Hinterberg.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.