A wonderful hike up to the mountain 'Chrüz' from where you can enjoy a magnificient panorama.
Distance 11.4 km
From the nature reserve around the little lake 'Stelsersee' you walk up to the peak 'Chrüz' and further on to St. Antönien. This is a typical ancient mountain village and its publicity slogan is 'Behind the moon on the left ....)
Pictures and photos last longer than picked flowers. So it is best to leave the flowers wher they grow and can be admired.
Update: November 18, 2019
Getting thereAccess road A 13 to Landquart and B 28 to Schiers. From there a narrow steep road goes up to Stels.
ParkingIt is best to leave your car in Schiers and take the post-bus up to Stels. Coming from Landquart (B 28) there are free of charge car parks on the left by the first exit in Schiers. From there it takes you only a few minutes to get to the station.The car parks at the station are liable to pay cost. If you rather drive up to Stels you can inquire about the parking conditions at the Mountain Inn 'Mottis'.
32T 555236 5201221
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view