A splendid mini-hike through the idyllic valley 'Islatal' to the Fadära-Inn. You will find an attractive garden-café as well as a casual playground for kids.
Distance 9.1 km
An ideal short hike if you are short of time or if you are not in the mood for a longer walk. Suitable for a pram. Starting point is the bus stop in the centre of Seewis. From there you follow the signpost to Fadära. While you walk along the little used road you can enjoy all the meadows with flowers on your left and on your right. Unexpectedly, the 'Islatal' opens up. It is almost unbelievable that such a beautiful valley is hiding high above the 'Klus'. It will take you about an hour (altitude of 180 m) to walk to the 'Fadära-Inn' (altitude of 180 m). On your way back you can also take the romantic path through the forest. However, if you feel like spending some more time you can make a detour to Fadärastein, a beautiful vantage point. You simply follow the road past a farm on your left-hand side until you get to the signpost. After an approximative 35 minutes you can enjoy a fantastic panorama to the Rhine-Valley of the Grisons as well as down to the area of Sargans.
By private car you can drive on from the centre of Seewis in the direction of Fadära to the clubhouse of the rifle club where there is free parking.
Getting thereAccess road A 13 to Landquart and B 28 to Seewis
ParkingFree parking at the clubhouse (of the rifle club) .
32T 548514 5204208
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view