busalpin.ch (in German/French only)
Safety informationThe path is clearly marked (red-white). The descent from the Fuorcla Crap Alv into the Val Bever requires surefootedness and a head for heights.
Mobile reception is extremely patchy.
Tips and hintsAccommodation:
Phone: +41 81 833 29 29
As there is often still a lot of snow at the beginning of June and most SAC huts are no longer staffed at the end of October, the best time to complete the Bernina Trek is from the end of June to the beginning of October.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.