The descent starts behind the 'Rätschenjoch'. For a short while you follow the rocks of the karst and climb 300 metres down to point 2304 m. A scree slope appears behind a rock face which seems to be insuperable. You carefully climb down along the rock face on the right-hand side. The path leads along a slope to point 2004 m. From there on it is getting flatter and you soon reach the settlement 'Sunnistafel' (1747 m). Across the alpine road you get to the settlement 'Rüti' (1461 m). If you turn round you can nearly follow the whole tour with your eyes.
Getting thereComing from Zurich / St. Margrethen you leave the motorway A13/E43 in Landquart in the direction of Landquart, Davos, Vereina on the national road B 28 to Klosters Dorf.
ParkingThere are free car parks at the bottom end of the cable railway Madrisa. In Klosters Platz all the car parks are liable to pay cost.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.