Hiking on the old pack animal trading-routes, with grand views across the Swiss-Austrian border on the Schlappiner Joch. Then dropping down to lake Schlappin and finally to Klosters Dorf.
Distance 12.7 km
Take the Madrisa gondola from Klosters Dorf to Saaser Alp. This is the sunny mountain of Klosters, where the first alpine discovery park «Madrisa-Land» is. Further on is the Saaser Alp. Follow the footpath in an eastward direction until you reach Zügenhüttli. On the high alpine path, you come to the Älpli and Schlappiner Joch. This path was a war zone during the Prättigauer War in 1622 between Graubünden and Montafon. But the path also served as a major trade route where wine and cattle were transported. From the Joch (ridge) drops a steep path to Schlappin. There in the mountain restaurants Gemsli or Erika, you can take refreshment. Next to Schlappin lake are places to barbeque. Using either the alp road or the footpath on the left side of the valley, you make your way beside the roaring river to Klosters Dorf.
Update: February 05, 2021
32T 565691 5194715
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view