This stage leads over the Muretto Pass into Valmalenco. The Muretto Pass was an important passage between the Bergell and Valtellina.
Distance 16.2 km
The tour first leads on a wide path to Lägh da Cavaloc. Then the trail winds its way into the valley and up to the Muretto Pass. Down to Chiareggio you hike along the old mule track. The tour offers a magnificent view of the surrounding mountains, especially the north face of Monte Disgrazia, which is constantly in view on the descent into Valmalenco.
Do not forget your ID card.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: November 12, 2021
32T 553459 5139129
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view