At the Restaurant Roseg Gletscher, the path climbs steeply above alpine meadows to Fuorcla Surlej. It is reccommended to take a break from time to time and enjoy the unique views. Certainly on Fuorcla Surlej you have to plan a stop so that you can enjoy the full panorama. And it's likely you will continue to dream about this view when you are back home again.
From Fuorcla Surlej, it is not far to the Corvatsch middle station Murtèl. From there it is a leisurely gondola ride to Surlej.
Engadin St. Moritz Tourismus AG
Via Maistra 1
CH-7500 St. Moritz
Phone: +41 81 830 00 01
Phone: +41 44 316 10 00
The last gondola from the middle station Murtèl to Surlej leaves at 5.05pm (mid July - mid August at 5.25pm).
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.