From the Bernina Pass up to the Diavolezza with spectacular views of Piz Palü and Piz Bernina with the legendary Biancograt
Distance 8.8 km
This stage begins with a leisurely walk along the Lago Bianco. Behind the dam wall, the path leads into a wide path past Lej Nair and Lej Pitschen. At the height of Lej Pitschen, the leisurely part is over. The path then branches off to the left and climbs over alpine meadows up to Lej d'Arlas and then goes steeper on to Lej da Diavolezza. It's a good opportunity to take a break at the turquoise-blue lake because afterwards the path climbs up in rocky terrain to Diavolezza and to the finish point of this day's stage, the Berghaus Diavolezza. If you would like to hike more, you can continue and go past the Berghaus, over a ridge and up to Munt Pers (about 1 hour hiking time). The return to the Berghaus is on the same path. If you walked enough for the day, treat yourself to a wellness break in the Jacuzzi on the Berghaus's panorama terrace.
End the day on the panoramic terrace of Berghaus Diavolezza and enjoy the sunset with this unique view on glaciers and mountains.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: March 17, 2021
Safety informationAfter Lej da Diavolezza, there may still be snowfields in certain places until July, and in October, there may be some ice. Either will make the path more difficult. A possible alternative would be to walk along the Lej da Diavolezza up the ski slope to Diavolezza.
32T 578375 5139975
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view