Distance 11.8 km
Scree slopes and a detour to Austria are the hallmark of the upper section of this stage. You then reach duty-free Swiss soil and descend through a varied landscape with glacier residue, waterfalls and meadows to Samnaun.
The hike can be simplify by public transport.
Update: December 09, 2016
Safety informationAuf hoch gelegenen Abschnitten sind Schneefelder bis in die Sommermonate möglich.
Tips and hints
- snowfields possible into summer months on high-level sections.
- route leads through Austria, carry identification.
32T 595935 5195919
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view