Deep ravines, impressive panoramic views and witnesses to the history of Graubünden’s transport routes await discovery at the Posterior Rhine.
Distance 22 km
The road from Andeer (982 m above sea level) in the direction of Lai da Vons ascends without mercy. As you climb higher and higher through the forest of the Tranter Tschaingel, you’ll get to enjoy wonderful views over the whole valley. At Pastgaglia, you have almost already climbed up one thousand meters and will leave the tree line behind you. There will hardly be any flat roads to offer a chance to take a breath. You do have to persevere for a bit. Turn left once you reach Larisch. The natural road is now a bit bumpy. Shortly after the highest point of the climb (2050 m above sea level), you’ll be able to see the Lai da Vons (1994 m above sea level). In the tranquility of nature, enjoy the epic panorama, pat yourself on the back and roll down the mountain to Sufer's. The cycle route no. 505 "Rheinwaldroute" takes you through the valley floor of the Rheinwald to Splügen (1458 m above sea level), the oldest pass village in Graubünden.
Update: January 19, 2022
32T 532644 5161078
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view