Back to the turn to Tschamut, you leave the Mountainbike Route and take on the rapid descent. In Tschamut (1,643 MASL), you cross the Oberalp Pass road and follow Mountainbike Route No. 1. A short singletrail section takes you to the golf course in Surrein (1,531 MASL) and from here there is only pure gravel fun. The gravel road down into the valley to Sedrun (1,406 MASL) reminds you of a roller-coaster. There is then a climb from Surrein (1,381 MASL) along the Rein da Nalps on Mountainbike Route No. 1 which is strenuous, but rewarding for flora and fauna. The traverse through Uaul Cavorgia gives you time to get your breath back before you have to conquer the last climb to Uaul da Crestas (1,631 MASL). The descent to Mumpe Medel rewards you with a great view to Disentis. But the tour is not yet finished: On Mountainbike Route No. 1 there is a singletrail descent leading back to Disentis.
Tips and hints
Sedrun Disentis Tourismus SA
Via Alpsu 64a
Telefon: +41 (0)81 920 40 30
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.