This tour through the Domleschg features old castles, mighty fortresses and wonderful orchards. There are no long climbs awaiting you on this pleasant tour. Fast gravel roads lead into the hilly cultivated landscape and the reedy Canova lake invites you to stop a while.
Distance 18.8 km
You start in the historical trading town of Thusis (720 MASL) and reach Scharans (765 MASL) via the Mountainbike Route No. 90. Then onwards to Almens (786 MASL) and the Canova lake (777 MASL) via gentle hills and roads with little traffic. The bathing lake invites you to stop a while, dream, or splash around. From Tomils (800 MASL), a steep descent leads down to the Hinterrhein. In Tuma (667 MASL), you reach the Graubünden Veloroute No. 6, which takes you back to Thusis on fast gravel roads alongside the river through the landscape of orchards and castles.
Update: April 29, 2021
Tips and hints
Telefon: +41 (0)81 650 90 30
32T 533785 5171644
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view