Aromatic flower meadows, lush with panoramas and fun gravel roads: after the gentle start, some fast bends soon follow. You get a little feeling of adventure when you go across the fields on a meadow track from Waltensburg back to the turquoise Lag da Breil.
Distance 9.1 km
A gentle start in Brigels (1,284 MASL) is soon followed by a few fast bends, where it is well worth letting your gaze occasionally wander into the valley. On the gravel road towards Waltensburg (1,002 MASL), you go through a short but impressive rock tunnel that gives a little feeling of adventure. At the entrance to the village of Waltensburg, you turn left at the main road towards Darums / Andiast. You have to make a climb of around 70 metres on the road before you turn left again, following Mountainbike Route No. 90. From here, there is variety, first on gravel, then cross country on a meadow track back towards the almost unreal turquoise Lag da Breil.
The church in Waltensburg has an impressive interior with wonderful paintings and the short detour into the village is certainly worthwhile.
Update: April 29, 2021
Tips and hints
Surselva Tourismus Info Ilanz/Glion
Telefon: +41 81 920 11 05
32T 505146 5179654
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view