The Champatsch trail in Zernez is around 2 km long and is an attractive and not too strenuous circular trail on the banks of the Spölbach stream.
Distance 2.2 km
The approximately 2 km long circular trail in Zernez is ideal for leisurely cross-country skiing on the outskirts of the village of Zernez between the Spölbach stream and the edge of the forest. The Champatsch circuit starts at the wooden bridge in Prà da Punt, but can also be started at the sports and cross-country centre in the middle of Zernez and combined as desired with the night circuit, circular circuit and racing circuit.
Refreshment options at the Center da Sport restaurant with direct access to the trails. Cross-country ski rental directly at the trail entrance.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: August 29, 2022
Safety informationThe trail is regularly groomed when conditions are good. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report.
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez is directly on the Engadine road H27 (15 minutes from Vereina south portal)
- Free parking available at the Center da Sport (Urtatsch 147A)
- Free parking available in Prà da Punt (exit Zernez direction Ofenpass)
32T 584227 5171955
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentCross-country skiing equipment, trail pass, sun protection, drinks
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view