One follows the cross-country ski trail to Rona, which, due to its altitude, has a guaranteed snow cover as well as slight climbs and runs. Mulegns marks the halfway point of the tour. Those who are already out of breath can catch the postbus back to Savognin from here.
Alternatively, a rest in the village is a good way to recover. Mulegns lies in a narrow valley at the confluence of the Fallerbach stream and the Julia/Gelgia river. Its rows of buildings are bisected by the Julierstrasse road. In the 19th century, post horses were changed in Mulegns, and there were stables with 150 horses at the time. «Posthotel Löwen» is a time witness of this era.
ParkingBei der Talststation Savognin Bergbahnen. (Kostenplichtig) oder beim Parkplatz am See (kostenlos).
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.